Beyond Solar has signed on to the Clean Energy Council Solar Retailer Code of Conduct, a voluntary scheme authorised by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
Companies that have signed on to the code have committed to provide a higher standard of quality and service, raising the bar in the solar industry. They will also provide a minimum five-year whole of system and installation warranty on solar power systems.
The program is designed to give peace of mind to people who are making the decision to invest in a solar system by helping them purchase the best product available from a company committed to responsible sales and marketing.
Customers can identify businesses that have signed on to the code by a special Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer logo. A full list of Approved Solar Retailers can be found at approvedsolarretailer.com.au.
Beyond Solar is proud to be a signatory to the Solar Retailer Code of Conduct, and looks forward to continuing to help improve standards in the Australian solar industry.
Customers Expect A Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer Will:
- – ensure that sales representatives act ethically at all times
- – not engage in any dishonest or misleading advertising or sales tactics
- – educate consumers about their purchase by supplying essential information about the system in writing before entering into a contract. This includes site-specific full system design and an average daily performance estimate for each month of solar generation
- – uphold consumers’ legal rights relating to cooling-off periods and refunds. They will give customers the chance to cancel a contract and obtain a full refund if any changes are made that are not approved in writing (including variations to system design)
- – provide a minimum five year warranty covering the operation and performance of the entire solar system
- – fully inform customers about the processes involved between system installation and network connection, or facilitate this process on their behalf
- – provide consumers will all required documentation after the system is installed
- – adhere to all existing legislation and regulations
- – be fully accountable for the actions of any subcontracted parties, including Clean Energy Council-accredited installers/designers
- – have a fair and transparent complaints process, and respond to customers within 21 days of them making a complaint